I have created a t-slot plate with corner pieces because I wanted to create a PCB with my grinder. I have seen people fixating a PCB with double sided tape, but I wanted something with a fixed position and an easy to place clamping system. On the photo there are two toggle clamps visible which I have made a while ago. Yes, the z-axis gantry will collapse with the clamps I use so I have to be honest with you: they are there for esthetic purposes only ;).
I have created a couple of corner and edge pieces and I have added the Fusion360 file in which the height and angle of the edge can be easily modified with the first two sketches.
There are a couple of types:
- Corner: This should be your fixed position
- Edge wide: Can be used perpendicular to the slots
- Edge wide extended: Can be used perpendicular to the slots together with a clamp
- Edge narrow: Can be used parallel to the slots
- Edge narrow extended: Can be used parallel to the slots together with a clamp
Because it is a 2020 system you can probably fit more things on it. I have used m5 t-slot nuts with m5×10 hexagon bolts. I have uploaded two common sizes: 220×220mm and 300×300mm. I have screwed this on a plywood sheet with a corresponding size and screwed it on using brass screws (these are way easier to cut).
I have created a video in which I use this thing to create a PCB. This video can be found below. Have fun watching!