I make videos about upgrading printers and I decided to design my own torture test to check if the upgrades do any good. I really like the aesthetics of dice and I designed one at an angle. If you look from the top you can see that the outline of the dice represents a hexagon which is the shape of the base it stands on.
This thing has a couple of features:
- The 05mm and 1mm designed hollow with a wall thickness of 0.5mm and 1mm respectively.
- It has some tricky overhangs on the bottom of the dice and at the edges of the eyes.
- The holes are connected together so you can look through some. The 3 eyes at the top (side 4, 5 and 6) are connected so you can put a string through it to use as key chain or hang it somewhere.
- The distance between the flat sides is 30mm and the diameter of the ball is 40mm. This is shown in the technical drawing. You can use these measurements to determine the accuracy of the printer in multiple directions.
- I added my logo at the bottom which is cut 0,2mm deep to check the first layer.