Disclaimer: No rights can be derived from the use of the designs or information on this website. Use of these designs is at your own risk at all times. Schone Engineering and Proper printing do not accept liability for any damage resulting from the use of the designs.
Printer: Creality Ender 3 pro
Filament: Nylon CF
I have used Nylon with carbon fiber because of the aesthetics and its strength. PETG, ABS and regular Nylon should work as well, but I recon PLA would be too fragile.
The document at the bottom of the page can be found in the zip download as well. However, some things need to be mentioned:
- The included bill of materials (BOM) contains the parts for the whole mod, including the power supply mod and display mod.
- The bearing holders need to be warmed up before pressing in the bearings otherwise it can crack, like mine did in the video. I just placed it on the stove for a couple of minutes.
- Use superglue to glue the bearings in the holders, otherwise they will come loose.
- Use M10 spring washers to lock everything.
- Instead of using 4 M8×20 bolts, you can use 30-32mm long threads to lock the part see this short clip
It is an experimental mod so it’s possible that things don’t work well over time and things can change. Keep this in mind and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!